Thursday, 13 July 2017

Sharing Sunshine ☀︎

Well hello July, where did you come from? I'm sure I'm not the only one saying it but this year is flying by isn't it? It's been a little while since I checked in on the blog, mainly because I haven't felt like writing much lately and to be honest I still don't fancy writing a lot (sorry!)

However, I would LOVE to share some of my recent Sunshine commissions with you all as I have been a busy bee over the past couple of months and I believe it's now safe to share these lovely portraits with you all.

Now I bloody love a good wedding, and I adore drawing people as part of their big day celebrations! Whether it's for invitations, a gift from the bride to the groom or a surprise from one of the guests for the happy couple - I enjoy wedding portraits so much and I have been lucky enough to create the following Sunshine for some beautiful couples...





You may have spotted a couple of fur babies in the portraits above and it's always an added bonus when I get to draw pets in any portrait so I am thrilled to have been asked to draw these beautiful creatures and their human beans too recently...





Now this next ones a bit different, definitely no fur babies or pets but still brilliant to draw and a lovely gift for someone who loves their motor...

 Family portraits are always a joy to draw too, capturing everyone's favourite hobbies, toys and even outfits makes me feel like I get to know the people I'm doodling, even if I never meet or speak to them. I realise that sounds a bit creepy but I hope you know what I mean...






I also had some lovely requests for leaving presents recently and these two totally gave me the warm and fuzzies! A scenic keepsake for someone leaving Cambridge and a special portrait from year 11's to their head of year as a fairwell gift...



So I think that brings us up to date with Sunshine portraits I'm actually allowed to share with you right now, I hope you've enjoyed the peek. I often forget what I've drawn for lovely folk so it's nice for me to take a bit of time to reflect and look back on them all together too.

In other Sunshine news, I've been trying to keep up with the little #100daysofSunshines project I started back in June. I started it to try and get to grips with using my new iPad and pencil for drawing and it's been a lot of fun so far! There are only a couple more weeks to go and if you've been following along over on Facebook, I do hope you've been enjoying seeing the random iPad doodles pop up.

This is one of my favourites from the collection so far and brings back some fun memories of some of the adventures we've been on so far this year... 


You can see the rest of the project doodles here... do let me know if you have a favourite too! 

☀︎

No comments:

Post a Comment