Thursday, 13 September 2012

Thirteen miles. Two charities. One Jo.

Now I know there are A LOT of requests for sponsorships flying around at the moment and as long as you’re giving your pennies to one of the amazing causes that people are raising money for then I’m 100% happy and I don’t mind if you want to skip this request...

However... I’m going to tell you about what I’m up to anyway!

On Sunday 30th September I am attempting to run the furthest I’ve ever ran in my life at the Robin Hood Half Marathon. Training has been tough! I’m not going to lie, I would probably get on better if I stopped going to Annie’s burger shack and maybe missed out on the odd weekend beer or two but I’m slowly getting there and I’ve stuck at it!


As well as the personal challenge, I am running this far in the hope to raise some pennies for two brilliant charities who are doing fantastic work and provide a great support network for both pairs of my wonderful Grandparents! I don't mind which charity you donate to, whether it's Macmillan or Sane but if you could spare even a little it would mean a great deal to me and go a long way to helping.



You could even pop along on the BIG day and watch me huffing and puffing along the half marathon route to get your monies worth if you so wish. But don't forget to give me a wave if you spy me... I'll need all the encouragement I can get!

Oh and I'll be the bright red sweaty mess near the back...

Thank you very muchly for reading my waffle and thank you many more times in advance if you can spare a few pennies!

No comments:

Post a Comment