Monday, 21 May 2012

Small things: No.3

Thinking back to the lovely list of ten things that will be making my life better as I do and document them here... I am at number three on the list now.

But first I thought I'd let you know how I've been getting on continuing with the first two points - No.1 Dress like it matters and No.2 Read more.


So... as well as making the effort to paint my nails more often and think that little bit more about my hair day to day (which has indeed helped me feel better in itself!) I have also recently purchased a couple of very nice costume jewellery rings to add that little extra to my outfits now and then! This one was a birthday present but is my current favourite...


And regarding reading more, since finishing the fantastic Millennium Trilogy I have since finished the 'witty and subtle family drama' that is 'A spot of bother' by Mark Haddon. Mark Haddon also wrote 'The curious incident of the dog in the night time' which I loved reading! I can't say I enjoyed this book as much but it was an interesting read. Now I am ready to start my next book, which I'll fill you in on as soon as I pick it!

So leading nicely back onto the next one on the list:


3. Watch less. You could do one evening a week with no television, or even one week....or a month?


Now this one may be more interesting if I actually document how much television I DO watch as I already value quiet time to myself and very rarely turn the idiot box on. For example, this week the only TV I have watched has been on my birthday (last Tuesday) and even though it was a fair few DVDs - Fantastic Mr Fox, Disney's Robin Hood, Despicable Me and Hercules to be precise - I haven't since watched anything else.


So maybe the next time I recap this points I'll update you on what real telebox I have watched but for now I can take comfort in knowing that I don't really need to learn to live without watching the boob tube.

Have you made any little changes in your life recently that you'd like to share? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment